SANTA MONICA, Calif., -- Reprints Desk, Inc.®, the content workflow company, today announced that it has been named one of the "100 Companies that Matter Most in Knowledge Management" for the second year in a row by KMWorld Magazine. KMWorld's annual list, now in its tenth year, is compiled by knowledge management (KM) practitioners, theorists, analysts, vendors, customers and their colleagues. Companies that have previously been named to the list include Google, Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Adobe, EMC and IBM.
"In today's knowledge economy, Reprints Desk does more than simply throw sophisticated technology at its customers, it provides real solutions through inspired planning and execution throughout the entire constituency chain," says Hugh McKellar KMWorld editor in chief.
In 2009, Reprints Desk achieved a number of accomplishments:
- Contributed to parent company Derycz Scientific's milestone for delivering more than five million articles during the year
- Completed the first integration of its STM Document Delivery service with the QUOSA Virtual Library for Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Awarded a five year General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedule Contract #GS-02F-0048W, enabling the company to provide services to entities in the government sector of the United States
- Generated an 80% increase in revenues for the last six months of calendar year 2009
- Signed content distribution agreements with eight new scientific, technical, and medical (STM) publishers
- Expanded the availability of its medical reprint service, Reprints NRx, to the Force.com AppExchange from Salesforce.com and FIZ AutoDoc, the full-text brokerage routing system from FIZ Karlsruhe
- Launched Reprints GPO, a collaborative purchasing software service that unlocks company purchasing power for savings on bulk article reprints used in pharmaceutical marketing, education, and medical affairs
- Enhanced journal content retrieval services through the addition of web services capabilities and by opening access to its document delivery engine for client order fulfillment from physical and electronic content collections
Reprints Desk is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and was founded in 2006 by document delivery pioneer Peter Derycz. The company provides business software and information services that simplify how individuals and research-intensive organizations procure, manage and share journal articles and other copyright-protected content. The company's content workflow and compliance solutions help customers effectively use peer-reviewed literature in research, regulatory submissions, education and product promotions.
For more information, visit Reprints Desk online at www.reprintsdesk.com.
About Reprints Desk®
Reprints Desk, Inc., is a business software and information services company that simplifies how research-intensive companies and other organizations procure, manage and share journal articles and other copyright-protected content. The company's content workflow and compliance solutions help customers effectively use peer-reviewed literature in research, regulatory submissions, and product promotions. A channel supplier for more than 100 scientific, technical, and medical (STM) publishers, Reprints Desk earned the #1 ranking in the 2008 Document Delivery Vendor Scorecard by Outsell, Inc., and currently serves companies in life sciences, energy, aerospace, industrial products, food and beverages, consumer packaged goods, information technology, legal, and government. Reprints Desk is a Derycz Scientific company. For more information about Reprints Desk, contact Ian Palmer at +1 (707) 658-1931.
The leading information provider serving the Knowledge, Document and Content Management systems market, KMWorld informs more than 45,000 subscribers about the components and processes - and subsequent success stories – that together offer solutions for improving business performance. KMWorld is a publishing unit of Information Today, Inc.